LetterpressPLAY is a south Austin letterpress design studio that makes zero waste, paper toys, cards, posters and garments on beautiful, antique presses. While we are always on the lookout for people who love making things, we are currently looking to fill the positions listed below. Our work environment is casual and diverse, with a fast-paced schedule and opportunities for growth.
Assistant Printer/Press Operator - Austin, Texas
Responsibilities and Duties May Include (depending on experience):
- Running letterpress jobs on our Chandler & Price, Kluge and Windmill presses
- Small maintenance of press fleet
- Executing trims on our electric power cutter
- Cross train on other bindery equipment
- Construction of products
- Packaging product to deliver to fulfillment
- Assist in small batch dyeing of fabrics and paper
- Assist in small batch block printing of fabrics and paper
- Assist in small batch silkscreen printing of fabrics and paper
- Assorted tasks as needed
- Previous pressroom experience is desired, but we are willing to train
- Print experience is required
- A good attitude is a must
- Must be self-motivated, dependable and have a solid work ethic
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design education/experience required
- Attention to detail and focus on quality is crucial
- Ability to stand most of the day and lift heavy paper stacks (up to 50lbs)
We can offer:
- A full-time schedule at a starting rate of $17.00 per hour
- 10 days PTO that expire at the end of the calendar year
- The following holidays off: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, MLK, and Veteran’s Day.
- The option to participate in a group health insurance plan
- A supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and development
- this is a full-time (40hr/wk), on-site position
- work hours are 9am to 6pm, M-F
- this is an on-site position and cannot be remote
Reports To Master Printer and Creative Director. Please, no calls or drop-ins. Email email@example.com directly with resume, cover letter, portfolio and contact information. When contacting us, please specifically outline any machine or printing experience that you may have. Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.
SEO Manager/Ad Buyer
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Management of Letterpress PLAY search engine optimization to bolster the Letterpress PLAY brand on Google and beyond
- Management of the Google Analytics and Google Adwords accounts
- Collaboration with Letterpress PLAY copywriter and social media manager to incorporate keywords into our website copy, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Regular keyword research and reports (utilizing a tool like SEMRush or equivalent)
- Management of backlinks
- Set-up and management of Google Adwords
- Input on additional ads via Shopify platform
- Monthly reporting on analytics and ads performance
- Staying on top of SEO trends
- Previous SEO experience, ideally for retail brands
- Experience with running ads on the Google Adwords platform
- Social media ad buying experience a plus
- Shopify experience a plus
- Ability to work independently with regular check-ins
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and have a solid work ethic
- This is a freelance position
- Hourly pay commensurate with experience
- This position can be remote
Position reports to the creative director of marketing. Please, no calls or drop-ins. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, and contact information. When contacting us, please outline your current availability in hours per month, minimum hours required for the above position, and hourly rate. Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.
The Wholesale Representative for Letterpress PLAY will sell and provide guidance about products needed by wholesalers in the creative and retail fields.
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospects and clients
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs
- Understand fully and emphasize product features that will meet customer’s needs, and exhibit the capabilities of products
- Answer customer’s questions about the prices, availability, and uses of the products
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as information on selling strategies and marketing information
- Follow up with customers to make sure they are satisfied with purchases and to answer any questions
- Stay up to date with all wholesale products and offerings
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and new leads to management
- Identifying, register, plan, travel, and work trade shows
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of Letterpress PLAY’s products and production process
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Shopify, and other essential sales software
Travel and Tradeshows:
- Identify relevant tradeshow and present to management
- Plan for tradeshows by filling out proper paperwork, making necessary travel plans, and creating strategies for load in/out
- Engage fully in the sales process and present and sell to vendors.
- Create a tracking system to follow up with potential clients met
Please, no calls or drop-ins. Email nicole@mossconsulting-austin.
Gain real world experience in a working letterpress printing studio. Learn about all the design process within a letterpress print shop.
Assist with all aspects of production and organization at a small design studio in south Austin. All products are made by hand or with the assistance of antique printing equipment. Intern will report to Master Printer and Creative Director and may be requested to assist in other departments as needed.
Will train in specifics of our production but education or experience in fine or commercial arts required. Candidates must have an eye for detail, an ability to discern nuances in color, and patience. Position requires sustained physical activity including standing, lifting of heavy objects and repetitive actions. Tasks may include packaging products, sorting metal type, block printing and fabric dyeing.
Must be available at least 4 consecutive hours, required hours will run between 8-12 depending on production needs. We can work around your class schedule but most work will happen between 9am-5pm. This is a paid internship.
We are an open and affirming workplace, and encourages candidates of all races, orientations, and genders (or lack thereof).
To apply, please send an email containing a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.