LetterpressPLAY is a south Austin letterpress design studio that makes zero waste, paper toys, cards, posters and garments on beautiful, antique presses. While we are always on the lookout for people who love making things, we are currently looking to fill the positions listed below. Our work environment is casual and diverse, with a fast-paced schedule and opportunities for growth.
Part Time Retail Associate - Austin, Texas
The Retail Associate is responsible for exceptional customer service and completing tasks delegated by the Retail Manager
Retail Associate Responsibilities:
- Fosters and maintains the company culture of Play with both customers and coworkers
- Follows directions and task details from Retail Manager
- Provides exceptional customer service to each and every customer
- Is knowledgeable about each product and tries to add on items during each sale
- Is committed to maintaining the beauty of the retail space
- Works with the Retail Manager to maintain inventory and expectations of shipments
- Helps to create social media of the store’s activities
- Works the point-of-sale device
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
Please click here to apply for this job.
Gain real world experience in a working letterpress printing studio. Learn about all the design process within a letterpress print shop.
Assist with all aspects of production and organization at a small design studio in south Austin. All products are made by hand or with the assistance of antique printing equipment. Intern will report to Master Printer and Creative Director and may be requested to assist in other departments as needed.
Will train in specifics of our production but education or experience in fine or commercial arts required. Candidates must have an eye for detail, an ability to discern nuances in color, and patience. Position requires sustained physical activity including standing, lifting of heavy objects and repetitive actions. Tasks may include packaging products, sorting metal type, block printing and fabric dyeing.
Must be available at least 4 consecutive hours, required hours will run between 8-12 depending on production needs. We can work around your class schedule but most work will happen between 9am-5pm. This is a paid internship.
We are an open and affirming workplace, and encourages candidates of all races, orientations, and genders (or lack thereof).
To apply, please send an email containing a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.